[Mailman-Developers] Re: GET vs POST (was Re: subscription confirmations)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:35:13 -0700

On 7/17/01 6:08 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@digicool.com> wrote:

> Good idea Thomas.

Agreed. I'm all for it, also.

> I really wish browser vendors
> would err on the side of security and privacy than on convenience.

They won't until their users do, and to be honest, the loud minority
notwithstanding, that's what they are -- a loud minority. And to some degree
the loud part does their cause a disservice, because they get written off by
many people because they tend to be so strident, while Joe User simply
doesn't care -- and nobody's done a good job trying to convince Joe User he
should.

> Sucker the user in enough times, or sucker enough of them in and the
> web will not be able to recover.

Unfortunately, Barry, you're wrong. Don't believe me? Look at all of the
spam that's nothing more than an electronic version of the same old scams
that they've been trying to wipe out of the paper postal service for
generations....

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I'm really easy to get along with once you
people learn to worship me.