[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Inbound MessageID tracking

Satya satyap@satya.virtualave.net
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:57:31 +0530 (IST)

On Jan 29, 2001 at 11:10, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

>Satya <satyap@satya.virtualave.net> writes:
>> comparing with a cache. I don't know how you could force each message
>> through formail, except through some simple but non-trivial shell scripts.
>
>Assuming you know how to set procmail up initially, it's pretty
>simple really, just change the alias for posting to the list to
>be simply the mailman user (which can't be aliased to anything
>else), then, in ~mailman/.procmailrc:

Aye, there's the rub. Procmail, unless compiled with a certain config
flag, hates group-writeable directories. Mailman wants its home directory
writeable.

Of course, this'll work if procmail is compiled with that flag or ~mailman
is not mailman's installation directory.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>