[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] cookie feature request

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:33:02 +1100

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:31:14AM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> marc_news@valinux.com said:
> > Junkbuster does let session cookies through apparently.
>
> Not to my knowlege.  It certainly doesn't by default and I have never
> seen a config to do that.

Mmmh, then I have to figure out why junkbuster does let some cookies through
when the from  site definitely isn't in  my allowed list of  cookie sites (I
had assume that junkbuster might allow cookies that aren't saved to disk)

> > Would it be
> > possible for mailman to issue a session cookie if the regular cookie
> > didn't go through?
>
> The mailman cookie is phrased so that it should never be saved to disk
> - ie it is a session cookie rather than a permanent.

Ok, so I have another problem then, never mind about what I said :-)

Marc