[Mailman-Developers] Bug/Request for change

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:26:31 -0500

    MS> It seems to me that qrunner should at least try messages in a
    MS> most recent first order, instead of oldest first.  But that
    MS> might still lead to starvation of some messages in the queue.

The easiest fix is to add a `shuffle' (random-ish sort) of the files
found in the qfile directory.  If you're using Python 2.0, you could
add a couple of lines to main() in qrunner to call random.shuffle() on
the files returned by os.listdir().  random.shuffle() isn't in Python
1.5.2 though, so if you're using that version, you'll need to grow
your own.

Although Mailman 2.1 will work very different in many ways, it will
utilize random.shuffle() to improve the chances that at least every
file will get an equal look.

-Barry