[Mailman-Developers] i18n imports

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:53:40 -0500

At 06:33 PM 2/21/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Any opinions?  Do we need to create the en subdir upon upgrade or can
>we use any existing templates as a fallback?

Well, if we install the "en" directory, the other problems won't happen (ref. the
other message I posted where I tracked down why GetConfig was blowing up
on my older lists; it tries to do an index on a null list, because there are no
subdirs on the list).  I'm thinking it's cleaner to just force the template files
into an en directory.  Technically, the current officially supported language
is english, so that's not bad.  Even if they made their existing files be swahili,
they'll still work, they'll just show up as english.  People who have been hacking
in their own language support probably are smart enough to look at the readme
for a comment about adding new languages, or can figure it out...