[Mailman-Developers] print >> sys.stderr does not compile

Fil fil@rezo.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:29:33 +0100

@ Barry A. Warsaw (barry@digicool.com) :

>     TW> It should, probably, but it doesn't work for the scripts in
>     TW> bin/... Not sure why that is. Barry ?
>
> Because the scripts in bin/ use the "/usr/bin/env python" trick.  You
> need a symlink from "python -> python2" somewhere earlier in your
> $PATH.

Well: I've symlinked /usr/bin/python to /usr/bin/python2, and another error
pops up : does mailman need some python libraries which are not in
python2-base ?

miel:~# /home/mailman/bin/newlist
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 56, in ?
    from Mailman import MailList
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 34, in ?
    from mimelib.address import getaddresses
ImportError: No module named mimelib.address