[Mailman-Developers] Ah-HAH!

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:55:13 -0500

At 10:46 AM 2/19/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Ron Jarrell wrote:
>>
>> (where self is the current MailList).  GetAvailableLanguages brute force just walks the
>> directory and looks for subdirs, by calling Utils.GetDirectories(self._full_path).  If there's
>> a subdir, it's a language.  (Which means don't be creating subdirs under lists; mailman will
>> think you've added a new language.  I'm thinking the template dir should be listname/templates/language
>> so as to avoid confusion...)
>>
>I have written that code supposing there is a hirarchy under templates
>like
>templates/en
>         /es
>         /it
>like we described so long ago in mailman developers
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/1999-May/001084.html

Yea the ~mailman/templates directory is like that.  What I meant was the per-list
language support.  It should probably be ~mailman/lists/listname/template/XX, or
maybe template is the wrong word here.  Regardless, given that the code just
assumes any subdirs are languages, to prevent administrators from accidentally
getting hoist on their own petard, there probably should be a designated place
they go...