[Mailman-Developers] Bug: X-BeenThere on admin messages

Jeb Bateman jeb@ocha.net
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:20:43 -0800

[I don't remember seeing this on the current to-do or bug lists the
last time I checked; but if it is already there please disregard...]

The problem is that if someone mistakenly sends a message to the
-admin address when it was supposed to be the list, I would like to
just bounce (resend) their message to the list address.  However, when
I did this today, the message was *silently discarded* by Mailman (not
held for approval, or logged anywhere).

I found out this is because all List headers are also included in
-admin; specifically the following...

I edited the message before resending again, removing all the list
headers, and it went through fine.  Isn't that X-BeenThere header
false, since it's only been to -admin?  And does it make sense to
included all the List headers in -admin messages anyway?

Thanks,
-jeb