[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] minor archive problem after upgrade..

Mentor Cana mentor@alb-net.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:22:52 -0500 (EST)

I think it is true that the "reply_goes_to_list" decides(indirectly) if the
sender's e-mail is displayed in the archives or the list e-mail addresses [as
described below]. Actually, my experiment showed that if the Reply-To:
field is present in the messages it is used to set the addresses in the
archives. Given that "reply_goes_to_list" will set Reply-To: to list's
address, that is the address to show up in the archives.

Question: Is this as per design? My understanding is that the
"reply_goes_to_list" should not be the deciding maker on whether sender's
e-mail address shows in the archives or not. There are other setting to
decide about this.

Any comments?!

thanks,
Mentor