[Mailman-Developers] MAILMAN_SITE_LIST

Rodolfo Pilas rodolfo@linux.org.uy
19 Dec 2001 09:58:39 -0300

Hello developers:

Ok, I understand that this list is for development purposes, but I
posted this question at mailman-users and did not receive any reply,
perhaps because I use the latest development version of MM.

-----Mensaje reenviado-----

From: Rodolfo Pilas <rodolfo@linux.org.uy>
To: mailman-users@python.org
Subject: [Mailman-Users] MAILMAN_SITE_LIST
Date: 14 Dec 2001 10:39:56 -0300

I use MM 2.1a3 with Python 2.0

I have MAILMAN_SITE_LIST='mailman' in my $prefix/Mailman/Default.py in
accordance to the item 4 of the INSTALL document:

      Create a "site-wide" mailing list.  This is the one that
      password reminders will appear to come from.  Usually this
      should be the "mailman" mailing list, but if you need to change
      this, be sure to change the MAILMAN_SITE_LIST variable in
      mm_cfg.py (see below).

I also have  DEFAULT_HOST_NAME='mysite.net' in my
$prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

But the list is showed as   mailman@www.mysite.net  (whit "www")
additionally, when I create a new list the host_name by default is
showed as www.mysite.net (of course, I chage it to mysite.net).

I see this problem since I upgraded from 2.1a2 to 2.1a3.

Can you tell me how to have  mailman@mysite.net  (without "www") and a
default host_name  "mysite.net"  again?

Thank you.

--

 Rodolfo Pilas                Quien los puso a estos tipos donde estan,
 rodolfo@linux.org.uy         Quien los deja seguir en su lugar,

  Public GnuPG key: http://www.keyserver.net 1024D/57153363 2001-06-02
  key fingerprint = DAAE 3246 3F7D A420 B7A0  48A5 D120 C773 5715 3363