[Mailman-Developers] ZMailman 2.1 preview

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:02:45 -0800

On Sun, 09 Dec 2001 16:34:53 -0800
Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM> wrote:

> I don't understand Zope; can someone describe why I might want
> this, what it buys me, etc. (like a sales brochure)?

Think a semi-OO based PHP setup where the OO as[ects extended not
only to the internal language, but also to the construction of page
elements and templates, and of course, instead of using PHP, use
Python and much more cleanly abstracted DB interface.  Probably the
biggest other difference is that Zope natievly works off a single
unified store rather than the filesystem.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?