[Mailman-Developers] MTA load, custom messages, bounces

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 20:56:53 -0800

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:11:42 -0500
bob  <Puff@NLE" <bob@nleaudio.com>> wrote:
> Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

>> Unless, of course, the postmaster implements bounces using a "not
>> here any more" mailbot, which will strip all of the headers, not
>> return as a bounce, and probably not be parsable by anything but
>> a human, and maybe not then.

>> This is called "being helpful", of course.

> I -just- experienced one of those!  Had a bunch of them in my
> mailman-owner mailbox from this one guy on an active list.  Sigh.

The ones I love even more are the, "User <whatever> has not
collected this message of Subject: Something and MessageID:
SomethingElse for more than 30 days.  You can gleefully unsubscribe
them of course, but the mail system on the other end will gleefully
go on reminding you of some number of messages from 6 months earlier
and everything since...

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?