[Mailman-Developers] Re: way to minimize IO load with MTAsupported VERP

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:50:57 -0800 (PST)

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 01:21:00PM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:
> > > *I* think that sending a VERP template, with a spot marked for the
> > > destination MTA to put the destination email address, would be the most
> > > flexible approach.
> >
> > ?  You're talking about some other ESMTP extension then?
>
> I was not aware that ESMTP already *had* an extension for VERP; so,
> "yes", I guess.  :-)

I'm sure you're clear on this, but just in case: no, I don't think
ESMTP *does* have any other extension, but there's clearly one
in some stage of proposal by the Courier guys, and apparently
Wietse latched on to it too.