[Mailman-Developers] Quick script to update footers sitewide?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 23:18:57 -0500

    CVR> Anyone got a quick script handy I can use to update
    CVR> configuration data for all lists? I want to tweak my headers
    CVR> and footers. I know I want ot use with_list, but I've never
    CVR> done it.

withlist is really mostly geared for operations on single lists (maybe
it should be elaborated).  But it's easy enough to write a one off.

Let's say you want to append "Chuq's List" to the end of every
footer.  Something like this ought to do it (untested -- and perhaps
Py2.x and MM2.1-ish).

-------------------- snip snip --------------------bin/chuq.py
import paths
from Mailman import Utils