[Mailman-Developers] MM Bouncer

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:42:44 -0500

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 01:32:20PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:37:36 -0500
> Jay R Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> > I don't see that there *is* any theoretical way to *keep* loads
> > down with VERP, by it's very nature.
>
> External IO, yes, disk IO, no.  QMail allows you to initiate a
> single spool file with a list of addresses to VERP against, and from
> there every message is delivered individually.  This cuts local disk
> IO, the ultimate constraining performance factor, drastically.

Except that, as was noted earlier, Chuq's problem *is* his wires.  :-)

Cheers,
- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")