[Mailman-Developers] 2.1 eta?

Mentor Cana mentor@alb-net.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:33:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, at 16:22 -0400, Dale Newfield wrote:
 > Ahh.  I didn't realize the time-scale involved.  I'm setting up a new
 > machine to run a handful of domains, and have been delaying the completion
 > of various bits until MM2.1.  Clearly that's not a good idea.
 >
 > MM won't be incredibly taxed by this installation--a handful of small
 > lists and one fairly large (<5000 subscribers) announcement-only list.
 > How stupid do you think it would be to use a3 on this site, and then
 > upgrade as bits become available?  How easy would it be to do that--is it
 > possible to simply check stuff directly out of the CVS tree, so that I'll
 > be able simply "cvs update" to merge in updates?  Would it be a bad idea
 > to merge in updates on a live installation?

I've been holding on upgrading the production copy until at least the first
Beta. The current alpha CVS snapshot seems to be fairly stable.

I the stability of the 2.1 betas can be judged by the stability of 2.0
betas, I'll be upgrading to the first 2.1 beta from my 2.0.6. Obviously,
after some testing on the most current 2.1 beta (when available) snapshot.

--
Mentor