[Mailman-Developers] Patching qrunner to never send duplicates w/ same Message-ID

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:14:17 -0400

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:17:33AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     JRA> If you're going to do this, note that it's the *list* message
>     JRA> that should make it to the user, not the private copy... and
>     JRA> I don't think you can accomplish this.  Knowing that the list
>     JRA> actually *saw* the message can be important information...
>
> You're right that there's no way Mailman can suppress the private copy
> since it never even sees that copy, but I /was/ suggesting that
> Mailman could suppress the list copy -- but only if the user has
> selected an option to do so.

The user's option, certainly, but *I* want to know that copy made the
list.  I always leave meetoo set, too.  I'd like to see mailers that
can, like Mutt, reply to the list wihtout *having* to carbon the other
user, since that's where most dupes -- like yourn :-) -- come from.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "So easy to use, no wonder the Internet is going to hell!"
     -- me