[Mailman-Developers] current snapshot startup woes

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:52:46 -0400

At 04:47 PM 8/15/01 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    RJ> FYI, I built and installed the current snapshot on my test
>    RJ> machine (which did have a couple of articles lying around in
>    RJ> the queues that were never delivered when I last stopped
>    RJ> qrunner...)
>
>    RJ> Doing a mailmanctl start got me page after page of this...
>
>[snip]
>
>Ron, were you upgrading from MM2.0.x to MM2.1, or from an earlier 2.1
>snapshot to a later 2.1 snapshot?  Were the undelivered files sitting
>at the top level under qfiles or were they in a subdirectory of
>qfiles?  If the former, did you move them?

Oh, yea, you'd ask me these detailed questions *now* when I've had
eight gazillion crises du jour run in one ear, out the other, and floss all
the unneeded bits in between...

It was from an earlier 2.1 snapshot to the then current 2.1 snapshot.
I'm pretty sure they were sitting in the top level.  They might well have
been undelivered messages from when I attempted to test one of the
very early 2.1 snapshots, and discovered that qrunner didn't work worth
a damn all of a sudden - most of the various sub runners were blowing
up in my face.  I left it dropped like that for a few weeks, and all the
work I did on 2.1 at that point were tracking those various errors with
templates and such; I didn't actually let the system try to process mail
after that.