[Mailman-Developers] MM2.1 DemoList

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:19:51 -0400

I've created a demo list for Mailman 2.1.  I'm going to give you the
list admin password so you can go in and check out the new admin web
pages.  See below.  A few things to note:

- I am not turning on mailmanctl, nor am I installing any of the
  aliases.  This means that the demo list cannot be abused for email,
  and in fact, no email can reach or leave the list.

- If it turns out to be abused anyway, I'll just shut it down.  Of
  course, I trust you guys. :)

- At some point, I'll probably decommission this list, and bring up a
  real demo list, but you'll likely only be able to interact with it
  from a user point of view.

- I really hope you guys will give it a look and send any suggestions
  or bug reports.  I want to very soon start moving toward beta.
  There are a few more features I want to get in, but I think alpha3
  will be the last alpha.

I intend to be very strict about feature freeze during the (hopefully
short) beta cycle.  There's always a cry for more features, from
myself included, but at some point you gotta stop or it'll never get
released, and I think there are enough good things in the code base
now that a new release is warranted.  My top priorities during the
beta cycle will be 1) fixing bugs; 2) adding a PyUnit test suite; 3)
writing documentation; 4) integrating more languages.

Enjoy,
-Barry

    http://mail.python.org/mailman-21/admin/demolist
    password: demolist