[Mailman-Developers] Clean output with bin/withlist??

Scott Brown scott-brown@home.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:46:19 -0400

> Well, the simple answer, that I'm sure Barry will happily
> espouse, is to do your script in python instead, and just
> read the variable directly :-).

I'd prefer to limit the number of new languages I try to pick up at the same
time..... at work we're making the jump from COBOL-68 on a mainframe up to
C++/VB on PCs..... so I've got plenty on the go right now :))

> However, the brute force method is just take withlist, and hack it
> slightly to just be a dedicated program that just prints the variable
> you're looking for.

Now that's just messy... duplicating code for no good reason....

Maybe a little developer pressure on Barry for a -q(uiet) flag is in order??

With 2.1 soon to be released (nudge nudge) maybe it's still within the
timeframe for producing this wee little change... (otherwise I'll have to
try to hack a quiet flag in there... maybe... if I'm lucky :)