[Mailman-Developers] More moderation?

Dale Newfield Dale@Newfield.org
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

One of the settings that allows moderators to conditionally insert
themselves is the max size (default to 40K, I believe).  How difficult
would it be to include another that holds for moderation any message that
includes more excerpted material (lines beginning with >) than a certain
percentage of the message?  How difficult would it be to also allow the
process of moderation to actually modify the message (for example,
including a [foo bar baz -Moderator] comment block, or trimming excess
cruft that really has nothing to do with the message's content)?  I might
be willing to do this coding if others agreed these are desirable
features...

Ooh--since I'm suggesting features I'd like, how 'bout the ability to (on
a list-by-list basis) flip a switch that would trim out all HTML code from
messages sent to the list?

-Dale Newfield