[Mailman-Developers] Re: mailman qrunner error

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:00:15 -0400

    KW> I'm recieving this message below every single minute and
    KW> nothing has changed on our system

I'll bet you  find that not to be the case. ;)

First of all, fire up the version of Python you think Mailman is
using.  Do this interactively and then try to import socket:

% python
Python 2.0 (#14, Feb 15 2001, 23:45:39)
[GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)] on linux2
>>> import socket
>>> socket.__file__
'/usr/local/lib/python2.0/socket.pyc'

If this works, then MM is using a different Python than the one on
your path.  If this fails too, then somebody likely rebuilt Python,
perhaps enabling the SSL support.  That's the only reason I can think
of for _socketmodule.so depending on libcrypto.

The crash is probably leaving a stale qrunner lock in the locks
directory.

-Barry