[Mailman-Developers] specific templates

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 01:55:19 -0400

    TW> You need to adjust the 'maketext' function in Utils.py to
    TW> accept a mailinglist-argument

I think at one time I was against this for some reason I can't
remember.   But it does seem like the most reasonable approach, and
I'm getting tired of the way Mailman searches for its templates so
this will probably go into 2.1.

(I'm aware of patch #402426 but I think adding an mlist argument is
better.)

    JRA> Passwords not required?  Will that be one of the new
    JRA> features?  :-)

    JRA> Or is it in there already, and I just missed it.

You (sort of) missed it.  Passwords aren't going away, but users won't
need them to unsubscribe.  If they don't supply a password they will
have to confirm the operation before it goes through.  Note that the
confirmation mechanism is flexible enough now that I plan to add a lot
more things that can be confirmed (like approve, reject, etc. holds
via email, etc.).

-Barry