[Mailman-Developers] Cross-posting?

Dale Newfield webmaster@wunderland.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

I've installed Mailman at a site that has quite a number of mailing lists.
we're trying to figure out a more disjoint re-design of the lists to
reduce the problem of cross-posting, but I thought I'd at least ask if
anyone's attempted to address this from w/in mailman.

If there were a database of message ids, along with information listing
which mailing lists those've gone to, wouldn't it be possible to only send
messages once to people subscribed to both lists?

It's a great piece of software, BTW, and a hack I recently installed to
unify passwords across lists (so it looks like a user has only one
password instead of one per list) helps out, too.

-Dale Newfield
 webmaster@wunderland.com