[Mailman-Developers] Contribution: Procmail mail filter format

Chris Boot bootc@worldnet.fr
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 21:05:26 +0200

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 13:11:19 +0200
> Chris Boot <bootc@worldnet.fr> wrote:
>=20
>> What I've done is added some code to bin/newlist which will
>> generate the Procmail filtering rules for me.  I'm not sure how to
>> submit my changes, but here they are.  I did these changes on a
>> pretty vanilla Mailman-2.0.3 distribution.
>=20
> Your procmail rules miss two interesting cases: messages CC'ed or
> BCC to the list.

Ah, yes, you're right.  I don't know how you can take care of BCC's (they'r=
_meant_ to be hidden, aren't they?), but here's the fix for the CC problem:

PROCMAIL_ALIAS_STYLE =3D """
:0
* $^TO_%(listname)s
| %(wrapper)s post %(listname)s

:0
* $^TO_%(listname)s+(-owner|-admin)
| %(wrapper)s mailowner %(listname)s

:0=20
* $^TO_%(listname)s-request
| %(wrapper)s mailcmd %(listname)s
"""

The TO_ is a built-in Procmail rule which expands to:

(=96((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|
(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[=96-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)

--=20
Chris Boot
bootc@worldnet.fr

All your base are belong to us!