Fw: [Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Announce] Announcing Mailman 2.0 beta 6

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:15:36 +0100

bwarsaw@beopen.com said:
> P.S. I also hate MTAs that insist on sending warnings to bulk email,
> and I /really/ hate idiot MTAs that send bounces with no detectable
> recipient email address in them.  How helpful, thanks!

Hmm... good point...

Exim in earlier incarnations (can't remember when it changed) sent
delay warning messages by default for all messages.  Recent versions
have the defaults changed to not send warnings for bulk/list etc
messages - at least ones marked with Precedence.

I'll add this to the exim document sometime soon, however in the mean
time if sites you are sending to send back warning messages for list
mail, you can hit the postmaster there over the head with
  http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_11.html#SEC196

which is the default setting since I think around version 3.10.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]