Fw: [Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Announce] Announcing Mailman 2.0 beta 6

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:54:01 +0200

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 07:44:21AM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> What I prefer to do, though, is to trap the footer. If someone
> replies and leaves the footer attached, it's either an unedited
> message or a mailbot, and either way you probably want to trap that.
> So I look for a string in the footer or the digest list info, and try
> to put a string in there that isn't going to show up in normal
> conversation.

There's a *lot* of vacation-like stuff out there that doesn't include the
original message (or even something that identifies the message, like the
subject or any of the mail headers!)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>