[Mailman-Developers] Re: Re: Error in scripts/driver?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:10:23 -0700

At 2:04 AM -0500 9/14/00, David Champion wrote:
>I think of Defaults.py as the set of defaults for this build of the
>software, not just a canonical reference of what's settable.

This is a flawed assumption, but given what you're doing and how
mailman does things, probably a necessary one.

In reality, what we're starting to talk about is building in multiple
levels of configuration -- there's the release configuration, the
site configuration, the vhost configuration, list configurations, and
at some point, admin and user configurations driven out of the
subscriber records.

Oh, yeah. something else mailman needs, although not exactly
difficult but not a high priority: a single list living on multiple
domains. For instance, I currently have some lists living on
plaidworks.com. They'll soon move to hockeyfanz.com. But -- there are
existing pointers  to the old place, and it'd be nice if I could have
them visible in both places for at least some period of time during
transitions. That seems to be fairly easy to add (I just don't have
time to do it now... sigh)

chuq

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"