[Mailman-Developers] Feature request - open list with non-member posts marked

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:50:31 +0000

This came up on the reiserfs list:-

hans@reiser.to said:
> One other thing we could consider doing is tagging all emails from
> nonsubscribers specially so that people can choose whether to filter
> them out.

Its an interesting idea - an open list but with an additional tag
(ideally an optional subject munging - except that would tend to
propagate into future postings from members too - and a header added or
changed so that filters could recognise it)

[I'm not necessarily hugely keen on this, but its an interesting idea
which merits further discussion and maybe adding to a future features
list.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]