[Mailman-Developers] Feature/Forum

craig tamboury ctambour@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 04:55:37 GMT

     Hi. I'm looking for a Feature/Forum for the following topic that I can
be directed to or find out if one can be created. "Rights VS Regulation",
"Do we really write the Law?" "Beyond Politics" "Just what is Radical
Reform?" something along those lines.

Also this 3,172 word doc. is too long for most newspaper sections. I think
it qualifies as being "newsworthy" in a part the "Fourth Estate" and I can't
find anyone to "Mail" it to. Any feedback or re-direction would be greatly
appreciated. My kid's soccer listserver turned out to be very helpful in
directing Field Sriping/Score Card/etc. info but I'm not entirely sure what
role the Developers at python play.
Thanks

     Able adamz, leader of The Civil-American War, understands The Rule of
Law and swears to uphold & defend the facts in the Declaration of
Independence and the process of the Constitution. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
     Thirteen years ago in April, this announcement was not allowed to run
in the Argus Courier Newspaper in Petaluma under the Announcement section in
the Classified ads.
     Previous paid announcement were:
     2-27-1985: Able adamz is running for President this next election.
     3-18-1987: Able adams is now acting President of these 50 United
States, Leader of
    The Civil-American War.
      3-30 1987: Able adamz, Leader of the Civil American War, pledges
allegiance to the Democracy of these 50 United States of America and to the
Republic for which it stands, one Nation, Indivisible with Liberty and
Justice for all.
      They had a policy not to run anything containing an address at which
the person did not live. Two letters were then mailed.  One addressed "Able
adamz/1600 Pennsylvania Ave." & one labeled "1600 Pennsylvania Ave."  They
were both returned stamped "Returned for Better Address".  After telling the
Editor there was no address contained in the announcement and it was a
"Right" to have it run, he said he wasn't going to debate about freedom of
the press.  He said it was his newspaper and suggested to have it carried in
an UNDERGROUND newspaper.  After a few non-productive calls to the ACLU it
became apparent there was no interest to pursue the issue.
     At that time the most common definition of the word "Politician" had
all ready changed from its original meaning "Politico/Legislative
Representative" to "Someone who misused words for political gain".  Today it
is synonymous with "Scumbag; A person who knowingly misrepresents issues for
personal/political gain/power and self-esteem".
     We are legislating/programming the limits of our legal behavior in the
form of what we call law.  We humans have been doing this
legislating/proclaiming/mandating for THOUSANDS of years.  Democracy is over
1,000 years old. Working Republics are older than that.
    Over two hundred years ago when equality and individual rights were
written into the foundation of our American Government, we changed forever
the idea that Aristocracies or Armies were the only way to protect the
people of a Nation.  Protecting the Rights/Property/Liberty etc. of the
individual through the enforcement of law protects the borders in which that
individual lives as well.
     50 States, 50 sets of laws, 1 Nation?
      The American Revolution was fought mostly just NOT to be ruled by
someone else. Specifically King George/England.  What kind of "Rule" we
would win for ourselves was a dream containing bits and parts of other
governments that painted a picture of something different to everyone.
     The world changing concepts of our now:  Check and Balance System,
Separation of Church and State, Rights, Equality, Liberty etc. all rolled
into one, are argueably due to sheer luck, trying to meet a deadline, mental
exhaustion after a War and the right people being at the right place at the
right time.  The latter through their own determination.
     The American Civil War was fought on a narrower focus:  "There is no
backing out!".
     The protections our forefathers gave us will ALWAYS apply to the people
and soil for which it was intended.  A Nation called America.  I personally
still get goosebumps thinking about what these events have meant to mankind.
     WWII, without argument, was defending against world domination.  Due to
the arrival of mass communication and the formation of Political alliances,
there was no ignoring the procession of War Machines that were changing the
sovereignty of countries so fast and indiscriminately that sides formed as a
matter of default. Neutrality was as ineffective as the League of Nations.
Good ideas, but unrealistic to rely on to defend your borders under the
circumstances.
     The United States was not fighting for independence from an unjust
Ruler nor to stop Secession nor to come to the aid of Countries that
couldn't defend themselves (Korean /Viet Nam Conflict).  We were fighting
for our very survival in a World without an all powerful referee or "Rule
Book".
      History tells us that Empires of the past have controlled vast areas
of what we call "Civilization" for considerable amounts of time but it is
obvious that none could meet the needs of controlling different cultures of
people.
     "Civilized", is how the people of a Nation/Society/Empire/Tribe act
toward one another.  Possessions, wealth, table manners, technology,
advanced education are irrelevant factors when gauging the "Peacefulness" of
a society.
          This is where "The Law" comes in.
     Written Law may not be necessary in today's "Tribal" (Rural/Low
technology) societies where oral tradition and living off the land are the
way of life but it has been a part of almost every society bigger than "A
handful" for over 3,000 years.
     Since the end of WWII, the United State along with the rest of the
world has been working on the Rule Book (International Law) through the
United Nations.  The clear-cut intent is to reduce the chance of War between
Nations through education, co-operation & The Rule of Law (A determination
of the applicable rule as distinguished from the finding of fact). Like our
Check & Balance System, the U.N. has a World Court, Peace Keeping Troops and
a Legislative Body. This is as much as we can do outside America, but what
about inside?
     American Law (of our own making) which is mandating the legal limits of
our behavior is based on our Rights to pursue our liberties in society VS.
our responsibility to respect (not infringe upon) the Rights of others.
This appears to be the first premise of our program. The "Source Code" from
which we can see the difference between Right (our Rights) and Wrong (Legal
infringements upon others).  [NOTE- if this program/software can be
proprietary in nature, I hereby claim it in the name of Able adamz lest some
claim jumper beats me to the Patent/Copyright office. Amen].  At this level
of the program it appears you have the Right to Pursue your way in life
(Work/Leisure/Interests) until one of your actions result in the
infringement of the Rights of another (Victim).
      Example: Driving down the road with the right of way you get hit by a
car not having the right of way.  Some of the" Applicable Rules" that come
into play now are Vehicle Code & Insurance Code. If more facts emerge
(Injury or Death to passengers, Under the influence, Drag racing) more
"Applicable Rules" apply (Criminal Codes, Manslaughter, etc).  That is how
simple the use of the "Rule of Law" is to understand.  Regardless of how
many facts are involved, it just tells you to match them up with the
"Applicable Rules" broken.
     Even though we know they are still developing, children as young/old as
5 or 6 are expected to know certain things that are "Wrong" to do. Taking,
hitting, saying mean untrue things about someone, scratching paint off the
neighbor's car with a nail they found, throwing their candy wrapper on the
ground or peeing in somebody's pool.  By 12 to 14 years young/old, we have
explained, iterated and re-iterated these "Wrong" things at home & school.
"I didn't know that" becomes a response un-believed. Possibly a lie? When
they hit 18/Adulthood these "Wrongs" described become Theft, Battery,
Slander, Littering and Polluting, all punishable by "Fines" and or "Jail
time". "I didn't know that" becomes "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse".
What happened to the formal Training & Testing we give for "Every Other"
subject we teach in school?
     Without argument, learning to "Be a Good Citizen", is implied as a part
of the "Educational Process". Raising/lowering the "American/State" flags,
saying the "Pledge of Allegiance", playing "The Star Spangled Banner" &
"Mandatory Attendance" are reminders.
     "Learning" to be a good citizen is just that. Taking a Subject/Life
Skill that is "Now and always will be" necessary to be understood in the
course of your everyday life and "Teaching" it in a way so we can gauge the
level of comprehension.
     To the best of my knowledge, there is no "Curriculum" or "Standard of
Comprehension" in this Subject/Life Skill called "Citizenship/The Law".
     "How a Bill Becomes a Law" and any of the other "Processes" of how
Government works is a more "Specialized" subject matter. "Voting" is a more
"Practical" subject. A Candidate/Initiative is proposed. Voters inform
themselves of their choices. Voters vote. Majority (Highest Percentage, Over
2/3's, etc.) Rules win. Simple. This may happen 2 or 3 times a year. Knowing
the "Electoral College" is what really elects the President and the "Popular
Vote" is virtually useless/worthless, is a trivial Game Show question. It
only comes up once every 4 years.
     Now is the time to explain how the text of this Article/Document ties
in to "The Civil-American War" (As opposed to the American Civil War of
1864) & the proposed "Take Over of America".
      "The Civil-American War" is the "Un-Declared" War that is most closely
associated with the "Peace Movement" & the "Human Rights" cause.
     It is a battle to incorporate the "Apparent" "First Premise/Source
Code/Liberty Within Responsibility" into the real "Rule Book" of America.
The limits by which we can proceed in a "Civilized" society are:

                                       RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:

Rule #1. -  No Littering
                  No Fighting
                  No Theft or Destruction of Property

     As "Littering/Polluting" on a large scale comes full circle & ties into
"Destruction of Property", this is a "Closed Set" of "Rules" that represents
infringements upon others.
     The general range of  "Fighting" starts with Accosting (Speaking to
someone/stranger on the street first/impeding the progress of) to "Battery"
(Grabbing someone when you speak to them/Striking), Assault, Rape,
Manslaughter & ending at the ultimate; Murder.
     "Theft" includes: Stealing/Burglary/Robbery & Fraud/ Embezzlement/White
Collar Crime; "Taking something that is not yours to take".
     "Destruction of Property" is "Causing the need of repair/replacement to
the property     of another, either Personal, Shared or Public.
     These "Rules" appear to be "The Law" in a nutshell.
Rule # 2. -Recognize Law as it is written. Change/Amend/Reform as needed.

     The choices one makes within the legal limits of the "Rules/Law" are
"Moral & Ethical" standards. "Morals" associated with Religious convictions
& "Ethics" associated with Business/Fair Play".
                                                        ISSUES:
      3 issues that "The Civil-American War" represents are easy to
understand & are based on "Non-Compliance" to the "First Premise & the "Rule
of Law"".
     Corporate Responsibility.
      The Business Vehicle called a "Corporation" has been granted the
"Rights" of an "Individual" to facilitate its function as
Manufacturer/Producer/Employer of goods and services that used to be done by
"Government" in areas regarding the publics "Right of Use". Transportation &
Communication are 2 examples.
     The "Limited Responsibility" afforded to the CEO/Administrators of the
"Corporation" acts to "Distance" the "Direct Responsibility" of the
CEO/Administrators from having to appear every time a Grievance/Lawsuit
against them is brought before a "Court of Law". This is akin to the
"President of the United States" having to appear in "Court" every time the
"Government" is sued. In both cases, it "Obviously Could" lead to the
disruption of  "Services Provided" in the "Publics Right of Use" by
disrupting managements Communication/Decision Making process.  In "No Way"
does it relieve the "Corporation" from "Any Liability" that it may cause.
     "Fine & or imprisonment".
    The "Corporation" in today's society can be viewed as a "Juggernaut War
Machine" indiscriminately gobbling up "Sovereign" businesses through
"Hostile Take Over" with "Monopolistic" intent causing sides to be formed by
default.  "Neutrality" and the "Better Business Bureau" are good ideas, but
unrealistic under the circumstances.
     What people want spelled out in "Legal Language" is: If a "Corporation"
is found to "Know About" and then "Cover Up" safety issues in the "Products
or Services" they provide and "Death" results due to those safety issues, a
"REAL HUMAN(s)" will be "FACING THE FAMILY & FRIENDS in a "Court of Law"
while being tried as an alleged "Criminal" for Negligence/Manslaughter/etc.
just like an owner/operator or individual would be. The too often, "MONETARY
COMPENSATION ONLY WITH NO ADMISSION OF GUILT" settlement scenario does not
satisfy the demands of the "First Premise & the "Rule of Law""
     The Leader of a Country can be tried for "War Crimes" even though
"Protecting the interests of my citizens" is his defense. Corporation.
Stockholders?
    VICTIMLESS CRIME: States can't control "Rights" granted a citizen
through "Prohibition" (by prohibiting them). Personal Drug use, Trading for
Sex & Gambling are 3 common areas. Regulating (Not in the view of the
Public, Operating a Motorized Vehicle, Under the age of 18/21, Zoning, etc.)
is the Maximum Limitation allowed. (See American Civil War).

     DEATH PENALTY/SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES/DETERRENT:
     If you litter, you can go back & pick-up. If you pollute, you can go
back & clean up. If you steal, you can give back & when you destroy you can
repair/replace. Some injuries can heal & medical expenses can be paid.
     Killing is the taking of a life. Life is non replaceable. Even if we
clone that individual, the original "Heart" &  "Soul" is gone forever.
     The "Death Penalty" is "NOT" on the books to be a "Deterrent". When we
sentence someone to "Death", it is for the "PERSON(s)" they "MURDERED". We
even say something like "For the crime of murder in the first degree, the
State sentences you to Death by Lethal Injection/electrocution/Firing
Squad/etc. We do not say "If it were up to me I'd sentence you to "Life
Imprisonment Without the Possibility of Parole" but we are making a
sacrifice/example out of you. Sorry for the heavy-handedness"
    "Special Circumstances" is a "Recent" condition to consider for
"Sentencing Purposes". Even if we agree that "By taking someone else's life
you must give up yours in return", the problem with the "Death Penalty" is,
we have killed "INNOCENT" citizens.  We have proven this. And we can't take
it back.
      "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" may be enough to take away someone's
"Liberty" for "Years" to "Life", but the 100% accuracy needed to "Justify"
Killing in "My" name or "Your" name simply does not exist. A "Civilized"
society does not gamble with "Non Replaceable" lives.
                                        THE TAKE OVER OF AMERICA

     The Declaration of  "The Civil-American War" is not "Against" the
"Current Administration". It is about "Officially Recognizing" the line that
has been drawn in the sand that represents the differences in the "United
States" over what our "Basic Rights" are. "Rights" are an "Either/Or"
proposition. It is about "Legislating" those "Rights" through our only
"Official" " Congress & Senate" to be enforced by our "Executive Branch" and
"IF" need be, decided by our "Judicial Branch". The "Battle" is the
understanding that by accepting (opting in) to the "Rules of Engagement" we
have limited our "Course of Action", but we "ARE" no less, trying to oust
from a "Position of Power", "Anyone" (Politician/Moron) who is "Against" the
successful accomplishment of this goal. Rhetorical Debate is the "Only" way
to "Prove" the pen is mightier than the sword. A "Bloodless Coup" (A sudden
shift in Power without disruption) is more along the "Gist" of what it
means. The outcome of "Life & Death" decisions being made on a daily basis
in this Country would "Substantially" be different. The shift of time/money
spent NOT violating (Arresting/Prosecuting under current Law) our "Rights"
would be "Substantial".
                                   "SUPPORTING THE WAR EFFORT/SALES PITCH"

     To say your vote doesn't "Directly Elect" the President is a "Fact".
The tally of the "Electoral Votes" does.  Frankly, it seems pretty
useless/worthless to make people even count that check/ box/line except:
     "Worth" has a monetary value. If the "Average American" made $30,000
year for a 50-week, 40hr, 8hr a day job, it comes out to roughly 3 cents a
minute. A minute is more than enough time to check or write-in a vote for
the "Presidency"(most choices usually have a "vice" attached to them).
      "Use" has a value. While your "Ballot" vote doesn't "Directly Elect"
the President, it shows who you "Supported".
     This "Support" can be gauged on a percentage scale in relation to all
the "Candidates".                      Your "Ballot" vote is also "Done in
Secret".
     Nobody knows if you "Really" voted for whom you said you would.
      You can write-in A-b-l-e/a-d-a-m-z to show your "Support", no one need
ever know & "It can't affect the outcome of the election", especially if
you've voted for some "Crazy Nut/Politician".
     In this age of "The Billionaire", isn't it amazing the "Real" power and
value "3 Lincoln Head Pennies" still hold? They may not buy you a pack of
"Life Savers" anymore but they certainly can go a long way toward "Buying"
the "Forum" for a more level "Playing Field" under the "Rules/Law".
     If you were to give 3 cents to your "Political Party", they wouldn't
spend the time or effort to hold their hand out for it.
     If you give 3 cents to Able adamz, you would be told, "Save your money,
it isn't needed. (Campaign Reform?)
      If you give the "Value", "in 3 cents/sense of your time", by writing
in "Able adamz", on your "American Ballot", "This next Election", you have
"Officially Recognized" the "Civil-American War" by showing your "Support".
"Using" your Useless, Worthless, Popular, Throw Away Ballot vote in this
fashion will bring a "Focus" to "Issues" which admittedly, shouldn't be
expected to "Shut Down" the daily Administrative Responsibilities in
carrying out the functions of "Enforcing the Law" the way it is written, but
     The "Urgency" of this Article/Document could be viewed as "Timeless"
since "This Next Election" is always "Just around the Corner"' but
"Timeless" it is not.
      "When", not "If", the "Electoral College" process of selecting the
President is abandoned in favor of "Direct Vote", you will "Never Again"
have the opportunity to "Use" your vote (For a Leader selected from
Political Party choice through Proxy- see Politician) to "Focus" on
unresolved "Issues" that lie in the "Source Code" of our "American Program".
                                                       PERSPECTIVE
     The above "Grievances" seem to come with a "Resolution" included or
implied. It is "Disjointed at times. All loose ends have not been tied
together. Forward-looking statements are minimal. The "forum" for "Issues"
means "Web Site" for information and stricter "Moderators" in T.V./College
Rhetorical Debate.  Some sentences could be better understood if they were
supported by a paragraph and that paragraph by a full chapter.  The use of
"Without Argument", "Fact", "Prove", "Program", "Definition", "History tells
us", etc. can all be argued. The reference to "Law" as a "Software Program
was conveyed, but the difference between "First Premise" and "Source Code"
need more clarity.  Over all it could be understood by your average 12 year
old with little help.
     One person can only "Paint a Picture" with words to try and make him
understood.