[Mailman-Developers] Re: Security

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:44:45 -0700

At 11:03 PM -0400 10/23/00, barry@wooz.org wrote:

>     JCL>   If I post to a specific list, or approve a held post for
>     JCL> that list, there is an 80% chance that this will crash the
>     JCL> machine (compleat lock, no interrupts, no useful log entries.
>
>     JCL>   This is reproducable.

>I'm not sure what I can do, because I currently have no way of running
>Mailman 1.1.  I could take your files and upgrade them to 2.0 and see
>what happens, but I'd be surprised if I get the same hard crash.

I sincerely doubt Barry would see it, because I'd be willing to bet
dinner it's a bad block on the disk, and it's lodged in one of the
files (probably the .db file) attached to that list.

i'd do a surface test of that disk and see if it finds problems. I'd
give it 90% chance it will. This just screams "bad block!" at me.

Be just, and fear not.