[Mailman-Developers] UI glitch in templates/listinfo.html

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:44:27 -0700

Found a UI glitch in templates/listinfo.html:

                     digest?
                     <MM-Digest-Radio-Button>  Yes
                 </TD></tr>

which is the section that prints out digest selections.

If you turn off digests (for instance, an announce lists), you get
the question, followed by No Yes and no buttons. Very confusing for
the end user, and tripped me up for about ten minutes before I
figured it out.

The best way (I guess) to handle this is to not print the message at
all if digests are disabled for a list, but the quick and dirty hack
would be to have those button variables return a string of N/A or
something -- ugly, but at least the user would know it's not
broken....

Be just, and fear not.