[Mailman-Developers] broken CVS!

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:21:10 -0700

At 3:20 PM -0700 10/3/00, Dan Mick wrote:

>Yeah, I hate that CVS is so silent about that.  I've taken to
>doing "find . -type f | xargs grep '<<<<<'" every time I do
>"cvs update" (in a script).

good idea. Thanks, Dan. I made one other mistake -- I'm so used to
having no problems that I dind't checkpoint either my lists or the
source before updating. Oops. Fortunately, I *also* keep a generic,
unpatched version of the source, so I was able to checkpoint that, do
the CVS update, and then compare changes, which made the problem
obvious.

Always, always, keep backups when hacking without a net. Or with a
net. Nets fail, too. (grin)

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.