[Mailman-Developers] offtopic: CVS checkout to `pwd`

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:16:14 -0800 (PST)

This is a question about CVS.

I'm constantly creating a directory that I want Mailman to go
into, for example /local/src/mailman-pristine, and then
realizing that I can't make CVS actually put Mailman *into* that
directory.  I have to use "checkout mailman" to get it, and that
insists on creating a 'mailman' directory.  If I move everything
from mailman to ./, things work just fine from then on, but
isn't there any way to make the checkout command use the current dir?

The obvious option, "checkout -d <dir>", gives me an error if I
use '.' or an absolute pathname:

protocol error:  is not absolute

Can anyone else do this, or is this just part of Life with CVS?