[Mailman-Developers] pipermail: subjects with "Re[2]:" are not recognized as reply

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:17:04 +0000

heinrich@wh9.tu-dresden.de said:
> seems like the "The Bat" mailer inserts a counter into the "Re:"
> subject line so that "Re[2]:blah blah" or "Re[3]: more blah blah" show
> up. these are not cought by Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py and
> therefore  are not sorted into the thread that they belong to.

What goes around, comes around.  This came up in 94/95 or so with the
nn newsreader.  After an outcry and much quoting of RFCs nn backed down
and stopped doing it.  I suggest someone deal with the author of "The
bat" in the same way.

	Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]