[Mailman-Developers] Re: Future of pipermail?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:36:19 -0800

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 02:30:30 -0500
Bill Bumgarner <bbum@codefab.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  I would much rather see Mailman have an option to
> configure a list such that it is
> text-only-bounce-mime-straight-to-/dev/null for those situations
> that warrant it (and to remain New Communist Community Compliant).

Mailman needs the ability to define basic filters/rules for what is
acceptable for being considered as a list posting.  Sometimes that's
MIME. Sometimes it is the source domain.  Sometimes its an LDAP tag
relted to a header field, or something else entirely.

> Similarly, I would also like to see a per-user option that would
> allow a mailing list subscriber to say "try and filter anything to
> ASCII and never, ever send me an attachment".

While pursueing the LServe game we need to not lose sight of the
little guys running a couple lists for their club of 20-some model
train enthusiasts.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/