[Mailman-Developers] Re: Future of pipermail?

Bill Bumgarner bbum@codefab.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 02:30:30 -0500

Agreed.

I would much rather see Mailman have an option to configure a list such
that it is text-only-bounce-mime-straight-to-/dev/null for those
situations that warrant it (and to remain New Communist Community
Compliant).

Similarly, I would also like to see a per-user option that would allow a
mailing list subscriber to say "try and filter anything to ASCII and
never, ever send me an attachment".

b.bum

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> At 10:58 PM -0800 11/21/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
> >I've spent considerable time thinking about this and believe it is
> >to the lists' advantage in this case to hold firm.
>
> you'll lose. AOL is the first to make this mandatory for their users,
> but users want these features. And besides, AOL is the 800 pound
> gorilla, and it's eating its lunch on your fence. Do you really think
> they're going to change back before your fence collapses under it?

..... war is over, etc [it's in ther archive... read it, it is good] ....