[Mailman-Developers] Re: Future of pipermail?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:41:56 -0800

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:13:12 -0800
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

>> At 10:04 PM -0800 11/21/00, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> Ahh.  That explains why I've been rejecting so many postings from
>> AOL members on my lists lately (I don't allow HTML as an aid to
>> promoting high signal lists).

> yup. and you can't turn it off. There's no option. You HAVE to
> deal with multipart-alternative and pull the right pieces out, or
> their dead in the water. Any list that can't handle MIME e-mail is
> incompatible with AOL 6 for windows now...

Sad.  I already don't allow posts from services that append
advertising to their messages (eg Hotmail, Yahoo, etc).  I guess
I'll have to explicitly add AOL to that list.  Annoying.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/