[Mailman-Developers] Re: Future of pipermail?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:13:12 -0800

>At 10:04 PM -0800 11/21/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>>  and since AOL 6.0 for windows no longer has any provision for
>>  text-only operation, you now have no choice but to deal with MIME
>>  in some way. they no lnoger HAVE the option to turn MIME off. So
>>  the server has to figure it out.
>
>Ahh.  That explains why I've been rejectting so many postings from
>AOL members on my lists lately (I don't allow HTML as an aid to
>promoting high signal lists).

yup. and you can't turn it off. There's no option. You HAVE to deal
with multipart-alternative and pull the right pieces out, or their
dead in the water. Any list that can't handle MIME e-mail is
incompatible with AOL 6 for windows now...

The vet said it was behavioral, but I prefer to think of it as genetic.
It cuts down on the liability -- Get Fuzzy