[Mailman-Developers] Future of pipermail?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:52:12 -0500

    NM> Continuing the thoughts on integration or separation of
    NM> archiver functions... heres a flow of my ideal wrt to
    NM> archiving and MIME processing of list messages:-

Good points Nigel.  I've added some of these to the FutureOfPipermail
Wiki.

    NM> However this is just one way things could work... I just get
    NM> this feeling that archiving and MIME stripping can be closely
    NM> related...

Very possibly so.  Having a general repository for messages and their
MIME parts might be a good thing.  I'm a little worried that we might
be giving up independence and plugability, since I don't know whether
any of the other 3rd party archivers support such features.

-Barry