[Mailman-Developers] Postfix, Mailman, no aliases file, neat setup?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:22:59 -0800

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:12:05 -0500
Barry A Warsaw <barry@digicool.com> wrote:

JCL> I'm looking to setup a test Mailman site under Postfix (need to
JCL> do some performance modelling of Exim against Postfix under
JCL> Mailman for a given membership list).  I can get a basic setup
JCL> working no problem -- now I'm looking to duplicate the neater
JCL> aspects I already have under Exim, such as losing the Mailman
JCL> aliases file, etc.  Anybody already done this?

> Nope, but I agree, this is one of the cooler features of Exim.

Yup, it sure is.  That said I'm finding myself a little dissapointed
in the configurability of Postfix in such regards.  There's a whole
lot of simple clevers you can do with Exim's filtering intelligence
that just doesn't seem to be possible with Postfix.  Another simple
example is Exim's delivery time filters:

  http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_14.html#SEC388

Very handy that.  I've no idea yet how I'd do such under Postfix.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/