[Mailman-Developers] Re: Reverting question

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:16:52 -0500 (EST)

    CVR> Since the new RFC supports list-post, we really don't NEED
    CVR> Mail-Followup-To. Instead, an MUA can look for the existance
    CVR> of List-Post and use it to enable reply-to-list.

Duh.  List-Post: is in RFC 2369 and of course Mailman already inserts
this header in messages.  Sad what happens to short term memory when
you get older. :)

BTW, I think this is the right bit of information that an MUA would
need to support a "post-to-list" option.  Seems to me all the
information is there without Reply-To munging for the user agent to
support whatever followup/reply operation it wants.  Reply-To munging
should be considered a hack that's (questionably) necessary until the
MUAs catch on.

-Barry