[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Reverting question

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:47:51 -0800

At 11:39 PM -0800 11/14/00, Marc MERLIN wrote:

>I've  been on  several lists  that have  been converted  away from  reply-to
>munging.
>I've never  been on any  list that was  converted to reply-to  munging.
>'nuf said.

I've actually experimented on my users. I've had lists that started
with no reply-to, added it for a while, then removed it. And
monitored preferences and problems.

All my discussion lists are not coerced -- that's what people ended
up preferring, and the problems are significantly lessened (we won't
even get into vacation bots that get reply-toed onto the list and
through thousands of messages onto the list before the admin wakes
up....)

>  > Now, about them silly sendmail users...
>
>Troll :-)

You rang?

Be just, and fear not.