[Mailman-Developers] installation instruction suggestions

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:30:45 -0500 (EST)

    JB> The odd line needs putting in to help the less able

    JB> Set Ftp to Binary

    JB> tar zxvf mailman-xxxx.tgz

    JB> (I had to get the zxvf from support)

    JB> Under configure options, it is not clear what to do.

    JB> Is it tap in the command

    JB> configure --option1 --option2

    JB> or is it edit the configure file, changing the lines...

    JB> If it is edit the configure file, then putting these variable
    JB> apart in an editable section and giving commented out examples
    JB> would help.

No, you don't need to edit the configure file, just include the
options on the command line.  Thanks for the feedback; I've added some
extra text to the documents to clarify things.  I sometimes forget
that not everybody is a grisled and curmudgeonly ex-sysadmin like
myself. :)

dinosaurish-ly y'rs,
-Barry