[Mailman-Developers] Suggestions 4 Mailman

Vizi Szilard vizisz@freemail.hu
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:38:03 +0100

Hello!

I am using Mailman for 5 small mailing lists, and I have some advice.

I have not read through the developers archive yet, so forgive me if I
say something that someone already said.

It would be better if the monthly reminder contains the current
settings for both the user and the list. Like this:

-----------------------reminder--------------------------------
YOUR Listname PASSWORD IS:
	password
YOUR Listname SETTINGS ARE:
	[ack] [digest] [plain] [nomail] [norcv] [hide]
For explanations see the mail called HELP.

The Listname SETTINGS ARE:
	[public/private/hidden]
	[maxmessage size=xxx kB]
	[archive is public/privat (authorization needed]
	[subscribers list is public/privat/not avaliable]
	admin address is: name@some.where
Any comments, question should be send to the admin.

And here is my second problem.
Can be Mailman a bit more intelligent? If I have a user who makes the
same mistakes, Mailman can solve the problem without any admin
interaction.
eg. the user posts a message but the address is in the BCC header, not
in the To header. Mailman processes the message like the address is
in the To header. Or there is a user who always post "funny" pictures,
sometimes he/she posts a bigger picture, than the list setting allows.
Mailman processes this message for this user only, other users with
big messages should wait for the admin interaction. a.s.o

Thats all, I think.
Thanx.

Szilard Vizi