[Mailman-Developers] Problem with qrunner and too much incoming mail

Dan Mick Dan.Mick@west.sun.com
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 12:21:57 -0800

>     CVR> On reasonable hardware, definitely. That's basically how my
>     CVR> current custom system works. right now, the number of
>     CVR> parallel infeeds from mailman is 1. I'm willing to bet the
>     CVR> delivery MTA is basically idle and bored.
>
> Have you played at all with the threaded delivery in SMTPDirect?
> Admittedly it's not integrated correctly with the rest of Mailman, but
> I'm still curious if the notion is salvagable.

I also really wonder whether anyone besides me and the author of the patch
are using the "sort by domain and chunkify" patch to SMTPDirect, too.
I've been using it for six months and I think I like it; it's a way of
distributing the load a bit: do the obvious-easy-simple stuff and let the
MTA do the rest.

Wonder if it would make a difference for those with enough mail to be
hitting bottlenecks?