[Mailman-Developers] My admins speak out...

barry@wooz.org barry@wooz.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:43:13 -0500 (EST)

    >> if getattr(mlist, 'auto_reject', 0): raise DiscardMessage

    DM> Very nice; had no idea that one little exception is all it
    DM> takes.

That only works for pipeline Handlers modules, because they're wrapped
in the try/except inside do_pipeline().

    DM> Is there anything similarly-simple to generate a generic
    DM> bounce message and discard, or is that all "call some reply
    DM> method and then raise DiscardMessage"?

Correct.  But generating an outgoing message is fairly easy.  See
the Message.UserNotification class and HandlerAPI.DeliverToUser() (for
response to a single user).

-Barry