[Mailman-Developers] problem with view other subscriptions..

Matt Davis bigdog@dogpound.vnet.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 21:23:33 -0400 (EDT)

On 18 May 2000, Harald Meland wrote:

> The above strangeness was probably caused by a buglet in the current
> CVS LockFile.py; I believe it gets the order of unlink() calls wrong.
>
> As I see it, it is more important for the lock file to never have a
> link count that is neither 0 or 2 than it is to make sure there are no
> tempfile turds.  This implies that the real lock file should be
> unlink()ed before the tempfile, and not the other way around.  Here's
> a (untested) patch (which also touches on some other issues I noticed
> while I was at it :):

Applied all patches & got this..  I'm not much of a programmer :\  Or I
could be of more help...

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 89, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/handle_opts.py", line 78, in main
    process_form(mlist, user, doc)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/handle_opts.py", line 168, in
process_form
    from_mlist=mlist))
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 433, in map_maillists
    if mlist and mlist.internal_name() == i:
NameError: mlist

This is the code from around there.

    from Mailman import MailList
    if names == None:
        names = list_names()
    got = []
    for i in names:
        if verbose:
            print i,
433>    if mlist and mlist.internal_name() == i:
434>        l = mlist
        else:
            MailList.MailList(i, lock=lock)
        if verbose:
            print
        got.append(apply(func, (l,)))
        if verbose:
            print got[-1]
        if not (mlist and mlist.internal_name() == i):
            l.Unlock()
        del l
    return got

--
Matt Davis - ICQ# 934680
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Any nitwit can understand computers.  Many do.  - Ted Nelson