[Mailman-Developers] .nfs* lock files

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Thu, 18 May 2000 00:21:33 -0400

--=====================_4989354==_.ALT

At 01:04 PM 5/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I have innumerable files in the "locks" directory with the prefix ".nfs".  There are several of these every minute of every day.

You must be nfsmounting the lock dir.  .nfs files are created when someone deletes a nfs mounted file,
and someone else has it open.  Most systems have a find job that goes in and hunts for and deletes
old ones.

&quot;locks&quot; directory with the prefix &quot;.nfs&quot;.&nbsp; There
are several of these every minute of every day.</blockquote><br>
You must be nfsmounting the lock dir.&nbsp; .nfs files are created when
someone deletes a nfs mounted file,<br>
and someone else has it open.&nbsp; Most systems have a find job that
goes in and hunts for and deletes<br>
old ones.</font></html>