[Mailman-Developers] A suggestion

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:31:26 -0500 (EST)

    MO> I couldn't find the possibility of removing headers in
    MO> mailman.  Removing 'Recieved' headers is ofen used by
    MO> majordomo users (like me in the past).  I host one list and
    MO> I'd like to hide senders' Message-Id. How can I do it?

Header filtering is not supported through the web interface, but
Mailman 2.0 (of which beta1 is currently released) will provide a very
simple way for you to add such functionality.  You can drop a handler
module into Mailman/Handlers which will strip out the headers you
don't care about.  See Mailman/Handlers/Cleanse.py for an example.

-Barry